Thursday, June 14, 2012

Shells galore

I think one of the hubby's favorite dishes that I make is stuffed shells. I hadn't made it in awhile and being that Father's day is around the corner, I decided to treat him to an extra special dinner. and boy were they worth it, the hubby, little man, and I gobbled them up. And be proud of me because I actually took pictures, thanks to my new iphone!! Here is my recipe:

Ingredients for shells:
box of jumbo shells
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 lb of ground turkey
1/2 an onion
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon parsley
dash of salt
1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
2 eggs
 


Pink Sauce recipe:
1 can tomato sauce
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
2 tablespoons minced garlic

 You will need to have three pots on at once, one will be to boil the pasta, another to cook the meat, and the last one to cook the sauce. For the pasta, follow directions on the box.

In frying pan at medium-hot heat, heat olive oil, when the oil is hot, put in the onion.
Place ground beef in pan with all the seasonings and cook until well browned. Allow meat to cool, then add cheeses and eggs.












In a sauce pot on low heat, place all of the ingredients for the sauce.




Preheat oven to 350 degrees. When the meat is cooked, place in bowl to cool off.  Also when the pasta is ready, drain the water, and allow about 10 minutes to cool. When the pasta is cooled, scoop in meat mixture into the shells, until finished. In a 13x9 pan fill the bottom with sauce, then add a layer of shells. Add sauce on top and if desired add some mozzarella cheese too. Put as many layers as needed. Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment