Monday, June 4, 2012

My Fairytale...

Yesterday was our 6 year wedding anniversary! Part of me feels like time has zoomed by, but yet another part of me feels like we have been married for ages. Not only is he my hubby, he is also my best friend. We met each other in elementary school, we don't really know when, but we were in the same small school at the age of 5. I remember us becoming close friends in 6th grade when he would always talk to me about liking my best friend. As years passed, we continued our friendship and since we were both the shorties of our circle of friends, we danced a lot of sweet fifteens together. He was MY partner. We had so much fun during those months and my heart began falling in love, part of me tried to deny it because for one we were best friends and I never wanted to ruin our friendship, two he had braces (EWWW), and three I was going through my bad boy phase (not that the boys were really that bad, but they were definitely not like the hubby), but then he had to have surgery and he had to be homeschooled for a semester. I missed my best friend so much! We would meet in the mornings to hang out, we would sit together in lunch, we had classes together, and then nothing. Distance made my heart grow fonder. I started calling him everyday after school to see how he was doing, tell him what was happening in school, and pretty much just to hear his voice and laugh. He liked a girl on his block and I liked someone too, but in both situations it was not working out. God was beginning to work on us, giving us a glimpse of what He had in store for us. We got really close through this time and a closeness only through talking on the phone and beeping each other, I couldn't wait for him to go back to school to finally see him again since he forbid me from going to his house to visit. I wondered what he felt, until one day I received a beeper code telling me he had feelings for me! Of course I beeped him back with me too! Our lives changed that day and we began talking more seriously. When he finally came back to school, he asked me to be his girlfriend, and though our teenage dating years were not perfect, we made it through high school, we made it through a long distance relationship, and we were able to stay pure until our wedding night. I'm not going to say any of it was easy because it was hard to be away from each other and to not fall into temptation, but distance once again really made the heart grow stronger. God worked on both of us during that time. I went to school, had a job, had volunteer hours, lived alone, took care of my house, cooked, clean, was part of clubs, spent time with friends, and had family and a boyfriend 4.5 hours away.  People constantly asked me how I was doing it and I could never really give them an answer, but it was Him preparing me to be the wife, the hubby would need me to be, and the mom, my kids would need me to be. We have had a crazy adventure throughout the years, and I'm glad we have done it together and that we are living "Happily Ever After."


No comments:

Post a Comment