Saturday, June 2, 2012

Oh, I Just Can't Wait to Be King!

Oh, I just can't wait to be king! Everybody, look left, everybody, look right...
Yep I got this song stuck in my head tonight! We just got home from watching the broadway musical, The Lion King at the Arsht Center. My mom bought us the tickets and I couldn't be more grateful to her for doing so. The show is A-MAZ-ING! The costumes and the way the actors move is incredible, they really become the animal they are portraying. There are certain parts of the show where the actors go through the aisle, and guess who had an aisle seat...Little man!! I think I sat there and watched his face more than I saw the show, seeing him so excited was a true blessing. We highly recommend this show and definitely one you can take the kids to.
I do have one complaint about the Arsht Center though and that is that we had to pay full price ($40) for baby girl, who is 6 months old. They really need to have some lap seat pricing for kids. That was really ridiculous in my opinion, and I wonder how other performing arts centers handle this matter. I think I'm going to research this matter and write them a letter.  
When i talked to the ticket agent, they just told me well people don't bring babies to the show, but in my opinion, children should be exposed to the arts as early as possible that way they get a feel for it and they learn to appreciate the arts. I for one love going to see shows and love having an excuse to dress up and dress up the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment