Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The World Around Me

Every morning I wake up and realize how blessed I am to have two adorable children and a wonderful husband at my side and literally at 7:00 am, they are all at my side. Thank goodness for a king sized bed. Little man is usually the first to wake and tells us all that its "GOOD MORNING TIME!!" Baby girl wakes up hungry and ready to be nursed and the hubby wakes up rushing to get ready to work. Yet through all the comotion of our crazy mornings, I can't help to feel blessed, but what is going on in the world around me continues to puzzle me day after day.
My mom came over for dinner tonight and we talked about her friend's son (6 years old) having a girlfriend (which I don't necessarily think is wrong..little man swears he has one too). My concern though was this little girl has a facebook page. What is a six year old doing on facebook? And why? I can't seem to wrap my head around all these children growing up way too fast. Between children having a social media page, a cellphone, the way the talk, and the way they dress...I can't help but wonder what is going on and if its just here in South Florida or if its all over the world.
In no way am I trying to say I am a better parent than anyone out there, but I look at my children and I in no way want them to grow up fast. I try my best to protect their innocence and keep them young. Little man knows in the house we don't play with guns, we haven't let him watch cartoons with shooting or fighting, and we just try to spend wholesome time together. I know as he grows up, it'll change, but right now he's only 3, he has his whole life to be an adult.
Homeschooling has been heavy on our hearts lately, and we are really waiting for God to give us the green light, but the more I talk with parents the more I really feel like its the way to go. So as I lay me down to sleep, I pray for the innocence of our youth and for their futures.

No comments:

Post a Comment