Saturday, May 5, 2012

12 Years...

Today is May 5th and its a special day for us..its the day the hubby asked me to be his girlfriend when we were in highschool. After a looooooooooooong wait of almost 3 months, he finally decided to ask me out on May 5th at 7:30 in the morning. I will never forget this day nor the time because since I was in American Sign Language class, this was the day we had to be deaf for a day and we had to start at 7:30 am, which was when school started. The hubby (at that time the best friend and the boy I had a crush on) gave me a poem asking me to be his girlfriend and I couldn't speak, not because I was speechless, but because I had to be deaf for a day, so I signed to him yes. I can't believe that it has been 12 years since that day...we've been through so much since that day..we've grown...we've brought two beautiful children into this world....we've laughed...we've cried....we've shared so many wonderful times together..and its been amazing!

Today we decided to celebrate by going to Jungle Island. Little man was so excited, he drove us insane all morning as we got ready to go..can we leave?? Are we ready?? Then in the car..where is it?? I can't see it!! Once we got there, he calmed down. We had a coupon from the clipper magazine for $7 off so it made the tickets for adults $25.71 and for little man was $19.02. As soon as we walked in, they had us take pictures with the macaws. I was very impressed that little man wasn't scared and held one of them in his arms like a baby. Of course, I had to buy this picture! He then took a picture holding a baby monkey, and of course I bought that one too. I'm such a sucker for pictures!! The park has many birds that are not in a cage and you can feed them with "fruity pebbles." Little man loved feeding all of them, the only recommendation I have is to get there early because when we tried feeding them again on our way out, none of them wanted to eat, they were all full. The bird show was very entertaining and we all enjoyed it. They showed us all different kinds of birds from all around the world. Our favorite part of the park though was the kangaroo petting farm (warning: you must pay $5 to enter this part). I had to let little man do it especially after all the talking and studying we did about kangaroos last week during our "K" week. He spent a good 30 minutes in there, petting them, feeding them, and just looking at them. The hubby and I watched him from outside, and it was just wonderful to watch him so entertained and being so inquisitive. I love watching him be the little man he is. Other animals we saw were tortoises, baboons, orangutans, ligers, goats, and much much more. We were blessed to have nice weather..not too hot and no rain. We definitely recommend you got check them out...at least once!

1 comment: