Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Letter K

This week I'm focusing on the letter K with little man.
 So far these are the activities I will do with him. I will add more along the way if I come up with more.

Reading:
We have the My "K" Book by Jane Belk Moncure. My mom used these books with me and now I'm using them with little man. A-Z Books


Writing:
We will practice writing the letter K.  I used this site Letter K to get some tracer pages. I also used some from books I have bought at the dollar store.

 Crafts:
We also will make the letter K out of popsicle sticks.

Making a TP Koala Bear Koala Bear

Painting the letter K

Have the letter K on a construction paper and have them put chapstick on and kiss the paper to represent K is for Kisses.

Making a paper kite. Cut a construction paper in the shape  of a kite. Have the child decorate it with tiny tissue paper balls and add ribbon to the bottom to resemble a kite.

Activities:

We will also play hide-n-go seek with the letter K. I will hide it somewhere in the house and let little man look for it. I will clap faster or slower depending on how close they are to the letter.

Also going outside and flying a kite if the weather permits.

Songs that we will sing:
K Songs

Koala Bear
Koala bear, koala bear, Turn around, (Turn around)
Koala bear, koala bear, Touch the ground (Touch the ground)
Koala bear, koala bear, Dance on your toes, (Dance on tip toes)
Koala bear, koala bear, Touch your nose (Touch your nose)
Koala bear, koala bear, Give a little clap, (clap)
Koala bear, koala bear, Take a nap (Put head on hands like sleeping)

Kangaroos
Ten baby kangaroos standing in a row
When they see their mama, they bow just so (bow)
They kick to the left (hop to the left)
They kick to the right (hop to the right)
Then they close their eyes & sleep all night. (Put head on hands and pretend to sleep)

Continue with Nine Baby Kangaroos, Eight Baby Kangaroos, etc

 Math:
Count chocolate kisses.

I also made a Kangaroo worksheet for counting purposes. (Will figure out how to upload it when the hubby comes home)

No comments:

Post a Comment