Friday, April 27, 2012

Who we are...

Hi world! My name is Nadya. I am married to a wonderful man and we have two beautiful children. Our son, "N," is almost 4 and our daughter, "D," is 5 months old. We are a Christian family and try our best to do His will. I am a stay at home mom/wife and my hubby is a graphic designer...(you can check him out at dpdesigns.net)...had to put a little pun in there for him.  Before being a mom, I was a teacher for the deaf, so I love to teach and I also love to cook. I call myself a homeschooler for the fact that we have "school" time at home...we try to stay away from a lot of tv. I will be posting recipes and homeschool ideas and anything else this crazy life hands us.

So we'll start off with today's dinner recipes:

Hubby wanted to grill so we had ribeyes bought them at BJ's for a decent price. I've become a BJ's fan recently!

 He used the following made-up recipe:

3 Large Ribeye steaks
Montreal Seasoning to taste
2 tablespoons butter (melted)
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon liquid smoke

Mix ingredients and brush onto steaks. Grill on each side to taste. We like them medium well so we grilled them for 30 minutes.

These steaks were OH, SO GOOD!! Our son loved them!

We had this with garlic bread and baked beans (Tried Busch's Vegetarian beans and they were just as good as original with no fat..cha-ching!!!) We made up for it though with dessert.

Crayon Cupcakes (Thanks to Publix's Apron's recipes):
Ingredients
cooking spray
2 large eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 (17.4-oz) box cinnamon swirl quick bread mix
   NOTE: MY BOX WAS 15.2 oz AND IT CAME OUT GREAT STILL
1/2 cup plain candy-coated chocolate pieces

Prep
  • Preheat oven to 375°F.
  • Coat eight cups of large-size muffin pan (or mini loaf pans) with cooking spray.                NOTE: I USED A CUPCAKE PAN
Steps
  1. Whisk together in large bowl: eggs, water, and oil. Stir in both bread and spice mixes (from bread mix) until blended.
  2. Divide batter equally among pan(s). Place one tablespoon of chocolate pieces on each muffin and stir to distribute through batter (some pieces should remain on top). Bake 20–25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Place pan(s) on a wire rack to cool. Just before serving, drizzle with icing if desired. Serve.                                                                            


 N and the hubby loved these. I knew N would cause he loves anything sweet, but the hubby isn't a fan of cinnamon and he still loved these, so this is def a keeper!

Next up:
Family Picnic with 100+ people
Homeschooling for next week
Next week's menu

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, the above recipe was actually a modified version of a good friend of mine, Deon. Although I would like to take the credit for these great tasting steaks, I can't. Killer recipe from a killer cook; Thanks Deon!
    -The "Hubby"

    ReplyDelete